The M. A. in Women’s Studies students have also initiated a Placement Cell to create and maintain a database on profile of students and interested employers, so as to facilitate on-Campus Employment opportunities for students. All the students of Women’s Studies are welcome to avail the services of the Placement Cell.
Our students are poised to make their professional careers in diverse settings such as researchers and teachers; in policy making institutions; in journalism; as development workers and activists; in civil and administrative functions of the government especially women and gender departments; and in national and international organizations working on women and gender issues. In fact our students are prepared to use their feminist knowledge towards constructive application in whatever area of work they may be involved in. Many of our students have experience of working in specialized areas and some possess prior work experience.
In the past the students have been offered positions with reputed organizations from Development agencies, Government and Non Government Organizations. To list some of the organizations with whom the students are associated with
- Anthra, Andhra Pradesh
- Research Officer, Office of the Commissioners to the Supreme Court,
- Program coordinator, Right to food Campaign
- Research Associate, ICMR-SRHR Study (SOUKHYA) and ICMR Fertility Study, St. John's Research Institute, Bengaluru
- Program Officer, National Corporate Social Responsibility Hub, TISS
- TISS Centre for Women's Studies
- TISS Hyderabad Campus
- TISS M-Ward Project
- TISS Rural Campus, Tuljapur
- UNICEF Project— TISS : A study on Menstrual Hygiene and Feasibility of existing SHG Run Production Units
Students are engaged with these projects and NGOs as Coordinators, Research Officers, Research Assistants, among others.